Friday, May 18, 2012

Whoa- What do you mean it is May?!?!?!!


        Okay- I know it has been a while since I posted anything, I am a slacker a lazy blogger! Actually I am like every other Wife and Mother- who works- I am so busy – I have a Husband who helps, but it is still a lot to do right?  
        So what do a lot of people – Mom’s who have so much to do, make Lameo New Year’s Resolutions…? Well, this year I made a super dupper non-Lameo New Year’s resolution, and here it is May and I am steadily working my way thru it and getting it accomplished!       
I Resolved to learn new skills- not lose weight, stop eating crap or quit something… Learn new skills.

 
Here are a few of the skills I want to learn on my list:
Make my own Cheese…at least 3 different kinds… Ricotta, cream cheese and Mozzarella
Make my own Laundry Soap
Make my own Fabric softener
Learn to use my Pressure Canner
Learn to Knit
Learn to use my sewing machine ( I got one second hand in awesome condition)
Learn to butcher Chickens
Learn to use my Clothes line ALL THE TIME

So far I have learned to crochet- so I am changing the knitting to crocheting! Knitting was stressing me out and I don’t need any stress.

I have the instructions to make the Laundry Soap and Fabric Softener, I got A LOT of it on Freecycle last year and I still have a few bottles left, once it is gone, I will be making it.


I am going to try the Pressure Canner soon so that I will be able to can Chicken broth and shredded meat from the Chickens that Brian and Butchered 3 weeks ago- which I might add was more fun that I want to admit!


I have to get my sewing machine to the local sewing shop for a tune up, and I have people well, a few buddies lined up to help me out with it. I have been hoarding patterns getting them at yard sales and thrift stores for 25 cents a pop.
I haven’t used the dryer except once since I the second week in March- I consider that a complete win, of course when we have 4 or 5 days of rain in a row since it got warm, we are hard pressed to not use it…
             So – it is May, how are your New Year’s Resolution’s going?

1 comment: